In late 2015, damaging hail had affected many homes and businesses in this regional Queensland town. As well as the petrol station, the building also housed food retail outlets including Coffee Club, Sunshine Kebabs, Subway, KFC and a bottle shop.
The Repair works involved:
- Removal and replacement of 2,000 m2 of roofing
- Restoring 15 air conditioning units
- Rectifying ducting, exhaust fans and refrigerator condensers in the Starmart Shop
- Repairs to the car & truck refuelling canopies, and
- Reconstruction of the adjoining building
We were required to hold a current Workplace Clearance Accreditation Licence to be able to carry out these works.
Cost of Building and Restoration
The repairs cost over $xxxx.
Works done with no interruption to business
The retail outlets needed to remain open for business for the duration of the works. Some these businesses were open all day and night. Working efficiently, the team saved a full two weeks to complete construction which had been estimated to take 7 weeks.
Safety concerns at a busy site
The service station was a popular rest stop for both cars and trucks. Constant traffic and a steady stream of pedestrians meant we had to take great care as we worked on site.